Saturday 25 June 2022

A mile

I have been at work today, and didn’t get to the marina until after 6pm, having stopped at Tesco in Wolverton for some shopping on the drive up from London.  I had brought with me a load of things that we’d borrowed from the boat to take to the Black Deer music festival last weekend.  Once I was unpacked, I put a centre line on, did the engine checks and pulled out of the marina, turning towards Stoke Bruerne.

I wasn’t planning to go far, just past Bridge 63.  When I got through the bridge I could see that someone was already occupying my favourite spot, where you can line up a window with the gap in the towpath hedge, so I stopped at a bit of piling before there.  Someone has obviously moored here in the not to distant past, as the very long towpath grass is trampled down for about 60ft.  Tomorrow I’ll be walking back to the marina to get the car, to head to Braunston for the historic boat rally with my second cousin, Catherine.

1 mile, 0 locks.

No comments: