Monday 24 April 2023

Sheffield and back

I was up early today and driving to Sheffield for a boat test.  I was there by 9.30, on a day which was much sunnier than forecast.  On the way back, the M1 southbound, which had been closed first thing, was still closed — meaning a bit of a detour.  I was back at the boat around 2pm, so having spent so much time in the car went for a walk down the towpath to Cosgrove.  The trees behind the offside permanent moorings have been cut right back.  It makes the whole area look very different.


I carried on past the lock and along to the aqueduct, where I saw my first ducklings of the year.


Further on, I took a left hand path off the towpath and did a loop through the Ouse Valley Park, returning by the aqueduct.  At about this time it started trying to rain although it didn’t come to much until I’d been back for a while.  Once it started raining properly though, it was pretty persistent.  Tomorrow I’ll be up even earlier, and going to work.

No comments: