Tuesday 4 April 2023

Higher Poynton

I spent Sunday night in a hotel as I was going from a late shift to a much earlier one.  But last night I was back on the boat.  I arrived about 9.30 and immediately got the fire going.  This morning I was up early and found that the forecast cold night had materialised.  There was frost on the boat and the car, but the marina looked lovely in the clear light.

It was a boat test day, so I met Andy the photographer in Towcester and we went up to Higher Poynton in Cheshire in one car.  The bridge over the arm where the yard is has some lovely old cobbles.

The sun shone and there was no wind so conditions were ideal.  By early afternoon we were heading home, and I was back at the boat at about 5.30.  The evening was too good to stay in the marina, so I quickly made preparations and set off.  One of the moorers on the outside of the marina complemented me on simply leaving the berth and getting to the exit, which is basically just driving forwards and steering a bit, so I hope she was even more impressed by my left turn onto the cut.  It was a lovely time to be out.

One of my favourite spots was free, about half an hour from base, so I pulled up.  I’m hoping the engine was on long enough to heat some water for the morning.  It’s the place where I line up a window with the view down the footpath through the towpath hedge.

I might go home tomorrow, but Adrian has had to go down to Weymouth again, so if he’s staying there I might stay up here.

1 mile, 0 locks.


No comments: