Monday 30 May 2022

To Crick: Day 1

I was at work this morning and came up to the boat after my shift.  As I drove through Milton Keynes, it hammered down with rain and hailstones; so I was a bit surprised that it hadn’t rained at all at the marina.  I was also a bit surprised when I got to the boat, because I’d completely forgotten that we’d moored nose in last time!  I set off at 4pm, finding it much more difficult to get out backwards than forwards as normal.  It was pleasantly warm and occasionally sunny, and the odd black clouds didn’t bring any rain.  I met about four boats, three-quarters of them at bridges.

I was relieved to find lots of space at Stoke Bruerne bottom lock, and picked a spot at the lock end of the moorings — slightly to the dismay of a widebeam on the water point I think, because they winded and reversed along to moor, so I’d given them a little further to go.

Adrian could have been working today and tomorrow but now isn’t, so he’ll be here by car shortly.  He’ll help me up the locks tomorrow morning, then will have to kill a few hours before meeting me again at Buckby Locks, and then heading off to Heathrow.

5 miles, 0 locks.

No comments: