Tuesday 19 October 2021

Licence holders

Our licence holders were falling apart, so I ordered some new ones.  They are £1 for a pair on the CRT website, including postage.  As they cost 72p to post, I can’t imagine CRT make any money on them.  On Friday afternoon, I spent a considerable time carefully scraping the old adhesive from the windows with the blade from a Stanley knife.  Then I put the new ones in their place.

The trouble is that they have a printed section at the top, which means that when you put the licence in, the boat registration number is covered up.  This is literally the only part of the licence a checker needs to see.  At least our number is painted on the boat — but this does seem to be something of a design fault.

2 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I noticed that licences seemed to have changed design this year, is your the old or new design, The new ones have the number in bold type so may be in a different location.

Adam said...

Hi Brian. The current licence was bought in May, and is exactly as you see it in the photo. I've just looked online, and the download looks exactly the same. However, if I look at the previous year's licence, it is a different design as you describe, which might well mean the number is displayed.