Tuesday 13 July 2021

Through the hedge

I have some boat tests tomorrow, so came up to the boat this afternoon.  It was too nice to stay in the marina with boats either side, so I set off at 4pm and turned left.  I justified the trip because I need a tank of hot water, so I might as well make it by going for a jaunt.


I turned around at Baxter’s Boatyard and retraced my steps.  The place I have often stopped between Bridge 61 and 62 was quite busy, so I’ve come through Bridge 62, past a couple of boats, and moored at a spot I’d taken note of on the way past.  I have lined up the galley window with a gap in the hedge, where a public footpath goes off the towpath.


The wheat and barley round here is well on the way to ripening, as you can see.  I’d been intending to have my dinner and then return to the marina, but Google tells me is’t just over 20 minutes walk, so I’ll just get up a little bit earlier in the morning and walk back to the car.

3 miles, 0 locks.

No comments: