Saturday 19 March 2022

March week: Day 7

My cousin Catherine and I had a great evening last night, watching live music.  The Stables in MK is a cute little theatre, and Sam Outlaw and Ruthie Collins were both excellent.  We even had a chat with Sam afterwards.

This morning was another very sunny day.  The main task was the re-do the sealant around the shower tray, which has turned a bit black over the winter.  It’s a job I’ve done several times over the years, and it never gets better.  Getting the old stuff off takes about an hour, and putting the new on takes about 30 seconds.  This year’s effort is a lot neater than last time, so maybe I am learning.

I set off at 11, and while the sun was out and there was some warmth in it, it was also very windy and a bit chilly.

It was so windy that I was concerned about getting back into the marina, but decided to go for it.  I left the turn into the entrance very late because I knew the wind would blow the bow round, and that worked well.  But the wind was straight up the marina, so I knew there was no way I’d be able to get in backwards; so for the first time ever here, I’ve come in forwards, and even that was a struggle.

This afternoon I drove down to MK and caught a train, and I’m now in Manchester for a friend’s birthday party.

2 miles, 0 locks.  (39 miles, 4 locks)

No comments: