Thursday 25 July 2019

Work

I had a late shift in London, so got up early and walked back to the marina to bring the car to Cosgrove.  While walking, I checked the trains from Wolverton and discovered that because of the predicted heatwave all trains after 10am were cancelled.  I decided that my best bet was to get a train from Milton Keynes Central instead; so rather than a fairly laid back morning I left for work much earlier than planned.  At MK I managed to get a space in the station multi-storey car park, and then got the first train my ticket would allow.  I meant I was in London much earlier than needed -- but at least I was there.  The trains back home later this evening look like a nightmare -- so whether I get back to the boat at a reasonable time is anyone's guess.

No comments: