Tuesday 16 June 2015

Successful day

The mooring by Bridge 62 is very quiet; I went to bed early and slept for a long time. This morning was much brighter than the forecast had suggested. I had breakfast and set off for the marina at a bit after 8.30. On the way, a tern dived into the water and caught a small fish -- then when it was back in the air again dropped it, swooped, and caught it in mid air.

On my return to the marina, there were four ducks asleep on the end of our pontoon. The 'evidence' suggests it's one of their favourite spots. They were most put out when I backed into our space, getting to their feet, becoming very vocal, and walking along the pontoon in front of me, until they got to the far end.

 
I packed up the boat, and was in the car just before 10. The drive to Ventnor Marina is about 45 minutes, and the sunshine stayed with us all day. The boat test went well and the drive back home was easy.

1.5 miles, 0 locks. (4 miles, 0 locks)

No comments: