Monday 26 December 2011

Christmas Cruise - Day 4

I had to go to work today, so I was up at 5am and shortly afterwards walked down the dark towpath to the car park at All Oaks Corner.  I'd moved the car there from the marina yesterday.  While I was in London, Adrian turned Briar Rose around in the entrance to the old Brinklow Arm, and moored back in almost the same place (but facing the other way).

I got back to the boat at around 3.30, having left the car at the marina and walked along the towpath.  A little while later, there was a knock on the boat from the owner of one of the fibreglass boats moored behind.  He wanted to know if we'd seen any patrol officers, as the other boat had a patrol notice on it.  He said he was new to boating, and that he was still trying to work out where the water from his sink went.  He seemed amazed when I suggested it probably went straight into the canal!

1 mile, 0 locks.  (29 miles, 6 locks)

No comments: