Friday 27 December 2013

December 27

Adrian here... Adam has been working today, but is then off for the next three days.  We'll be having our Christmas dinner together tomorrow.

I drove up to the boat yesterday evening after spending a fabulous Boxing Day with my cousin and her family in Kent.  Adam had bought and decorated a small Christmas tree - a really lovely surprise!



The wind picked up again yesterday evening, and there was quite a lot of rain during the night.  The wind has been whipping along the marina today - certainly not a day to take the boat out.  We have also had some heavy rain showers this afternoon.  The weather forecast is for the winds to quieten down over night, with tomorrow and Sunday promising to be quieter days, with more wind and rain coming in on Sunday night through to Monday.  Would be nice to get out of the marina, even if it is just for a couple of days.

After a quick trip to Tesco at lunch time I've spent the rest of the day working, and cooking the gammon joint, which has smelt wonderful as it was cooking, and has come out very well (even if I say so myself).  I was planning to make a chilli for my dinner tonight, but that plan has been shelved in favour of some of the gammon instead.

1 comment:

Neil Corbett said...

Well I hope you saved some gammon for Adam! Hope your cold gets better enough for you to enjoy your break on the boat.
Happy New Year to both of you.
Kath (nb Herbie)