Our licence holders were falling apart, so I ordered some new ones. They are £1 for a pair on the CRT website, including postage. As they cost 72p to post, I can’t imagine CRT make any money on them. On Friday afternoon, I spent a considerable time carefully scraping the old adhesive from the windows with the blade from a Stanley knife. Then I put the new ones in their place.
The trouble is that they have a printed section at the top, which means that when you put the licence in, the boat registration number is covered up. This is literally the only part of the licence a checker needs to see. At least our number is painted on the boat — but this does seem to be something of a design fault.