Wednesday 19 September 2012

Short trip

Normally at this time of year we'd be out on our autumn cruise.  But Adrian's mum is ill, so he's spending the time with her.  I'm off work, though, so I've organised a little excursion -- of which more over the next few days.  I'm on board Briar Rose for just one night, to break the journey.

I arrived at the marina at just after 4.30 this afternoon.  Following my usual policy of not spending a night in the marina unless necessary, I unloaded the car, got the boat ready and set off at 5pm, turning left out of the marina.  As I was making the turn, a boat appeared from my right.  It turned out they were going into the marina, so it was just as well I was out of the way.

It had been sunny the whole journey up, but it was quite blustery across the marina and there was a big black cloud which appeared overhead.


I had a pleasant trip along to Kingfisher Marina, where I turned in the marina entrance.  As I did so, I was able to have a quick look at the boats in the paint dock at Baxters.  Both look very nice and shiny; one is dark blue, the other black and white.

As I retraced my steps, the black cloud had moved aside, and the tower of Hanslope church picked out by the sun against the dark sky looked quite spectacular.


I moored up in a spot I've used before, just short of Bridge 62.  Fortunately, the towpath is no longer as overgrown as it was earlier in the year.

2.5 miles, 0 locks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Adrian's mum is so unwell - sounds as if he's having a difficult time of it.

Please pass on our regards.

Sue, nb Indigo Dream