Wednesday 26 September 2012

Cosgrove in the gloom

I've spent the past couple of days visiting family, but as I'm still technically on holiday I've decided to have a few days on board Briar Rose before going back to work.

I didn't leave home until 4pm, so it was beginning to get dark by the time I arrived at the marina more than two hours later.  Still, it was dry (unlike much of my drive), and calm, so I quickly unloaded the car, put it in the car park, and prepared the boat for the off.  Cosgrove is only 20 minutes away, but by the time I got there the gloom was gathering.  The moorings are bsuier than I've seen them for a while, but I fitted into a space close to my favoured spot.  I got the chimney out of the locker and lit the fire, set up the satellite dish, and cooked a risotto.

1 mile, 0 locks.

No comments: