Tuesday 11 September 2012

Back to work

The forcast overnight rain never materialised, but it was much calmer this morning.  It was also a lovely day, with blue skies and sunshine.  I set off just before 8 o'clock, and got away from the side at the first attempt (proving that the wind was nowhere near as strong as yesterday.  This is looking back at my mooring, on the left between the two boats.


It really was a stunning morning to be boating -- the sort of morning you should be setting off, not going back to the marina.


I resisted the temptation to carry on past the marina entrance, and turned in.  Of course the wind here was much stronger, but it was at least blowing straight down the jetties.  I spun the boat in front of our berth and reversed in.  It was probably my best ever entry to the berth, not even touching the sides.

There's not a great deal of packing to do, so I'm topping up the water tank so it's ready for next time.  Then it'll be in the car and off to London.

1 mile, 0 locks.  (2 miles, 0 locks)

No comments: