Tuesday, 23 April 2013
Can painting 3
As today was wall to wall sunshine rather than the dull cloud forecast, I decided to tackle the coach lines.
I spent ages masking up -- the fact that the can's sides slope inwards makes things difficult -- and trying to ensure that the tape was stuck down properly. As soon as I started painting, though, I could see that some paint was getting behind the masking tape. This signwriting paint dries very quickly though, so I peeled off the tape and spent a lot of time cleaning up the edges with a rag and some white spirit. They're not as neat as I'd have liked, but not too bad -- better than I could have done freehand, anyway. Trying something like this certainly promotes admiration for those who paint things professionally. You really can see the difference!
Now all I need to do is take the can to the boat, and see how it looks.