Friday 29 July 2016

Sheffield, and a couple of miles

The alarm went off at 6.30 this morning, and an hour later I was walking through the horse tunnel under the canal at Cosgrove to my car, which was parked in the village. I drove to Towcester, where I met up with Andy the photographer; we went up to Sheffield for a boat test. The weather was, shall we say, less than ideal. However, in one of the drier moments we managed to get some external photos done; near the start I heard Andy say to the guys in the yard, 'Could I borrow that forklift?' I could hardly bear to watch what he had in mind -- so let's just say that he was pleased with the angles he achieved. There's always lots to see at the yard in Sheffield.

Driving back south, the weather got better and better. I parked at the marina and walked along to Cosgrove. On the way, I passed a young duck family, which must be the second brood of the year.

Back at the boat, I was pleased that between 7.30 and 4.30, the solar panel had added 16 per cent age points to the battery state of charge. The Cosgrove moorings are 48 hours, and I'd had every one of them, so decided to move (partly also to give myself some hot water, and a bit more battery charging). I passed the marina and moored just beyond Bridge 62, in a place I've stopped several times before.

2.5 miles, 0 locks. (3.5 miles, 0 locks)

 

No comments: