Wednesday 4 September 2024

Cosgrove

With nothing particular to do today apart from keeping myself generally to myself, I was in no hurry to get going.  It was a much nicer day than the forecast had suggested, though, so I set off at about 10.15.  I chugged along past the entrance to the marina and into Cosgrove, where I turned around above the lock and returned to a mooring in the sunshine in the village.

I put some black undercoat over the primer on the handrails, and then went for a walk along the towpath and down to the Ouse Valley Park.  I did the big loop along the river to the railway viaduct and back.


At lunchtime I did another Covid test which was yet again positive, so I let work know I wouldn’t be in tomorrow either.  I’ve spent the afternoon pottering about not doing much.  Adrian is on his way; I was originally going to take the boat back into the marina, but he’s going to come to Cosgrove instead.  Fortunately I’m right by the steps to the horse tunnel, so fairly convenient for unloading all the stuff he’s bringing in the car.

2 miles, 0 locks.  (5 miles, 0 locks)

No comments: