Wednesday 24 July 2019

RCR and Cosgrove

I drove up to the marina this afternoon, as the technical director from RCR wanted to make some changes to the remote monitoring device he fitted back in March.  It’s still a work in progress, and there have been a few updates.  My drive seemed very slow; when I got to the boat it was hot and full of spiders.  Mr RCR had done his stuff within an hour or so, so I decided to head out of the marina.  The Taverners Cruising Club just the other side of the bridge are having piling put in.  It’s about a foot in front of the existing concrete edge, so there’s also a dredger there which is filling in the gap with dredgings.


When I got to Cosgrove I began to worry that the moorings would be full and I’d have to turn round and go back.  But although it appeared there were lots of boats, it was clear further on, and I got a mooring on the final straight bit of edge.  The good news is the side hatch is on the water side of the boat, and there’s also a bit of a breeze.

1 miles, 0 locks.

No comments: