Monday 8 July 2013

Back to base

I was amazed yesterday how few boats were on the moorings near Wolverton Aqueduct.  Just one boat arrived after me (which I passed this morning), which appears to have royal connections.


I saw Del just before I set off.  He'd walked up to the lock and said there was a boat on the water point who looked as though they might be going up.  However, as I approached the lock, they were winding below it, so I ended up doing the lock on my own.  Cosgrove was pretty empty too; I wonder where all the boats are.

It's very misty and murky this morning, and quite fresh with a breeze.  I hope the sun burns it off, because I've got a boat test to do this morning.

Back at the marina, I'm topping up the water tank.  Can't remember when it was last filled, and it sounds rather empty.  We're back in less than two week's time, for a weekend with friends, so I wanted to make sure it was full and ready to go.

1.5 miles, 1 lock.  (12 miles, 2 locks)

No comments: