Wednesday 30 August 2023

Wending to Wales: Pause Day 2

Today was the opposite to yesterday — Adrian went off to the station to catch trains to Reading for meetings, while I was on the boat as I had the day off.  I worked on the boat test I’ve been writing and then zoomed in to a work staff meeting.  In late morning I thought I’d walk in to Rugby to see what it was like.  It’s about half an hour’s walk, mostly uphill.  I went to the Art Gallery and Museum, where there’s currently an exhibition of comics and animation, including a whole wall of comic front covers, and an Aardman section.




From there I walked down one of the main streets to Caldecott Park.  All around town there are big Rugby balls with different designs, I think to mark the 200th anniversary this year of rugby football being invented.



I had a sandwich in a nice little cafe in the park, Hatty Bakewell’s, then walked down over a huge bridge over the railway line and past the retail park where Homebase is, and up past Tesco.  I popped in for a few bits forgotten the other day, then walked up to the canal and along the towpath back to the boat.

This afternoon has been spent mostly sat in the well deck of Derwent6, chatting to Del and Al about all manner of things.  They’re always good fun, and today was no exception.

No comments: