Sunday 8 October 2017

Kaleidoscope IX

When we had a visit at Kingswood Junction from my father’s cousin, Horace, (which makes him my first cousin once removed), he brought us a piece of art. Horace is a photographer, and Kaleidoscope IX from 2013 uses some of his photos cut up and rearranged.


The red parts are from photos of narrowboats — you can see occasional recognisable bits, like a dolly or a bit of sign writing. We’re keeping this lovely present on the boat, and it will remind us of that visit.

I came up to the boat this afternoon, as I have a boat test much further north tomorrow. Sunday lunchtime seems to be a good time as there was very little traffic. The boat was fine and the solar panel has apparently still be doing its thing as we’ve used nothing off the electric meter. I had a look at the loo, and as the contents looked very dry and crumbly (even after only a week away) I emptied it. Tomorrow will be a pretty early start.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Amazing artwork, love it!