Thursday 31 August 2017

North West Passage: Day 6

Last night's train journey was fine. This morning, there were quite a few boats working the locks as I walked up the towpath from the station. I liked the reflections of the water under the bridge at the top. Briar Rose is the fourth boat along.

I was pleased that the batteries were higher than when I left last night; by mid afternoon they were up to a hundred per cent, really showing the value of the solar panel.

Adrian arrived back a bit after 5pm. I have one more night shift to do. By the way, Atherstone station is quite bizarre. The building is now a vet's, and the only way to get from one platform to the other is to go back out onto the road, follow it under the railway lone, and come back up the other side.

3 comments:

Andy Tidy said...

It's possible to become obsessed by battery status when you have a display!

Mike Todd said...

Even more obsessed when it tells you you definitely gave a problem!

Quaysider said...

"my name's Mark and I'm a battery-holic"... it's been 27 minutes since I last pressed the status button on the smart-gauge!