Friday, 25 December 2015

Christmas Cruise: Day 3

Christmas Day dawned much calmer. We had breakfast and presents, and a very relaxed start to the day. We decided about 10am that we'd set off -- which was when we had a repeat of the engine starting problem from earlier in the year. The symptoms weren't quite the same, and will need further investigation at so,e point. We got the engine going by hotwiring it from the domestic batteries.

It wasn't as rainy as forecast, but it was predicted to get much windier during the day and even more so tomorrow. So we decided we'd head back to the marina so we could get back to our berth without having too much of a battle. We arrived back about 12.30 -- and then started cooking our Christmas dinner. It was ready a couple of hours later.

The weather has really taken a turn for the worse over the past couple of hours. There are waves on the marina, and the ducks are bobbing up and down like nobody's business! We'll have a quiet time for the rest of the day, and then tomorrow morning we're heading for home, via Kent.

5 miles, 0 locks. (17 miles, 2 locks)


1 comment:

Jaqueline Biggs said...

FAbulous looking dinner and I love the newer photo of the both of you at the left side of the blog. I also love the description of the bobbing ducks!

On Christmas eve we cruised down to Radford Br. 35 just south of Radford Semele and Warwick on Christmas Eve morning. We had waited out the blustery winds and pouring rain which passed over us in the morning. In the afternoon I made my first ever Tarte Tatin, which turned out fine. Dark descended and we tracked the International space station as it flew by overhead. Les was just as excited as any small child! As we sat reading after dinner by the fire, the bells of the Parish Church of St. Nicholas rang in peals for nearly thirty minutes. The only light in the world seemed to come from the short, square church tower. We fell asleep to the gentle rocking of the boat in the high winds.
Biggs hugs!
Jaq and Les xxx