Monday 23 March 2015

Out of the water

Today was the day Briar Rose was coming out of the water for blacking, so first thing I packed the car with all the stuff that was going home.  Then it was a matter of getting from the mooring outside the marina, to the slipway inside.  The first bit of reversing went well, but once I was opposite the entrance to the marina, the wind pushed me over to the far side, and I had quite a job getting away again.

One of the things we liked about Heyford Fields was their method of getting boats in and out of the water.  It's much gentler than a crane.  The boat was positioned in the centre of the slipway, while a cradle was reversed underneath.



Once everything is in position, hydraulic rams lift the stern up a bit.


When the tractor drives up the slope. the boat follows, pretty much on a level.





Having run through the list of jobs we want done while the boat is there, I went for a sneak preview of the boat Boating Leisure Services are building for the Crick Boat Show.  They won last year, and will have another very strong entry this year.


Before I left, the pressure washing of the hull had started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the hydraulic lift at the back - when we had ID pulled out we had to make sure that there was nothing that could slide back as she tilted out of the water and we were anxiously watching to make sure that the engine bay vents didn't disappear underwater!

Brian Rose's bottom looks in pretty good order, if you don't mind my saying so :-)

Sue, nb Indigo Dream