Monday 9 January 2012

Back home

A train went by at quarter past eleven last night, and another at 6.30 this morning.  If there were any in between, I didn't hear them.
I was up at a reasonable time, and soon closed the vent on the stove to put the fire out.  I set off just after 8am, and it was all of ten minutes to the marina entrance.  The sun was trying to break through the clouds, but the canal still looked a bit bleak with no leaves on any of the trees or bushes.


Brinklow Marina always seems to be breezy, but at least today it was pushing me onto the pontoon rather than away from it.  I was all moored up by 8.30, then pack and prepared the boat to be left for a while.

Then it was it the car and on to a nearby marina for a boat test.  The weather could have been brighter, but considering how murkey it was on the drive home, it could have been a lot worse.

0.5 miles, 0 locks (12 miles, 0 locks)

No comments: